Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board, as fiscal agent for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funds, periodically releases grants to assist employers and organizations to meet the workforce developments needs of the local area.
The following RFPs are available:
- There are no RFPs currently available. Please check again later or follow us on social media to stay up to date.
- Youth Re-Entry Program for Young Adults 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Youth Career Readiness Program 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- One-Stop Operator/Title I Provider 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- BEP III Grant 2021 – open PDF, download RTF
- WIOA Youth Employment & Training Programs 2021 – open PDF, download RTF
- “Experience Works!” Youth Work Experience Program – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Career Readiness Program 2022 – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Youth Re-Entry RFP – open PDF, download RTF
- WF-BEP IV RFP – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Youth Re-Entry Program – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Youth Career Readiness Program – open PDF, download RTF
- WIOA Youth Employment and Training Programs – open PDF, download RTF
- WF-BEP V RFP – open PDF, download RTF
Request for Bids (RFB)
The Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board, as a WIOA fiscal agent, is responsible for implementing formal bidding procedures for certain services related to its workforce development efforts.
The following RFBs are available:
- There are currently no RFBs available. Please check again later, or follow us on social media to stay updated on procurement opportunities.
- Workforce Development Project Facilitator – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Manufacturing Industry Partnership Facilitator RFB – open PDF, download RTF
- PA CareerLink® Training Facilitator – open PDF, download RTF
- Single Audit Provider – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Industry Partnership Facilitator – open PDF, download RTF
REquest for quotes (RFQ)
The Board asks entities to submit quotes on services or supplies.
The following RFQs are available:
We do not currently have any RFQs available at this time. Please check back soon!
Current Youth Programs funded by the Westmoreland- Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Fayette County Community Action Agency: Agricultural Career Exploration – Fayette County
A three-phased, two-week program offering Fayette County middle school students with opportunities to gain job readiness and career exploration within the local agricultural industry with elements of entrepreneurship, food processing, gardening, food preparation, and crop and livestock farming.
German American Chamber of Commerce Pittsburgh Chapter: Pre-Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Program – Westmoreland County
A pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship opportunity for local high school youth to gain relevant, paid experience in the industry of manufacturing.
Pittsburgh Chapter NTMF: SWPA BotsIQ’s Developing Manufacturing’s Future Workforce – Westmoreland & Fayette County
An introduction to high priority advanced manufacturing and robotics careers for students in Fayette and Westmoreland Counties. Activities will include hands-on lessons, career exploration activities, and technical training.
Pittsburgh Chapter NTMF: SWPA BotsIQ Post-Secondary Summer Internship 2023 – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A paid internship program for young adults interested in the industry of manufacturing to receive work experience and complementary career readiness.
Private Industry Council of Westmoreland/Fayette, Inc.: Bring Your “A” Game – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A career readiness camp for middle school students to prepare for their future careers through the “Bring Your ‘A’ Game” certification course.
Private Industry Council of Westmoreland/Fayette, Inc.: Drone Education Program – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A program for youth to obtain their own drone, receive drone education, participate in work experiences and field trips, and earn their Federal Aviation Association Part 107 Drone certification license.
Redstone Presbyterian SeniorCare: Engaging Youth in SeniorCare Professions – Westmoreland County
A one-year program beginning with a week-long summer immersion experience to career possibilities in senior care, followed by an employment opportunity through the school year for high school students.
Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce: Leadership Westmoreland Youth Academy 2023 – Westmoreland County
A five-day, leadership development program offering Westmoreland County high school students leadership skills training and career exploration opportunities.
Equus Workforce Solutions: Employment and Training Program – Westmoreland County
A program for young adults interested in reaching both their employment and GED goals through employment venue options, job experience, soft skills, advanced training, and post-secondary institution/military assistance.
Fayette County Community Action Agency: Bridge to Success – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A program providing young adults with case management to support them in obtaining their GED, earning a certification of completion in skills training, and obtaining quality employment.
Fayette County Community Action Agency: Nurse Aide Training Program – Fayette County
A program designed to provide young adults with a CNA Certification through instructional hours, pre-employment workshops, nursing courses, clinical experience, job readiness, and case management support.
Private Industry Council of Westmoreland/Fayette, Inc.: CDL Plus – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A program for young adults to receive training and obtain their CDL Class A Driver’s License or a CDL Class A Driver’s License with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements.
Applications and Other Source Documents Pertaining to Youth
- Submit completed applications to your local PA CareerLink®
Experience Works! PLUS Post-Secondary Internship Program
The Experience Works! PLUS Internship Program provides wages to students interning at unpaid internships. This program enables local employers to build a future workforce by giving post-secondary students the opportunity to explore career opportunities.
The WFWIB is excited to annouce that it is accpeting applications for Experience Works! PLUS! Application materials and the program handbook can be found below. Completed application materials must be emailed to EWP@westfaywib.org.
Click a partner’s name below to visit their website:
One of the hallmarks of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is making decisions based on customer need and data. The Board utilizes the following data sources for federal, state, and local Labor Market Information.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in partnership with Workforce Development Boards, targets training investments to High Priority Occupations (HPO). HPOs are job classifications that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
For more information about HPOs, visit the Center for Workforce Information & Analysis’ (CWIA) webpage on HPOs here.
For information about HPOs in Westmoreland and Fayette counties, download the 2023 HPO list here in Excel format.
Take a look at the 12 Westmoreland-Fayette Career Cluster Posters! All wage and annual opening data provided in these posters are specific to the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Development Area.
- Advanced Manufacturing – open PDF, download RTF
- Agriculture and Food Production – open PDF, download RTF
- Bio Medical – open PDF, download RTF
- Building and Construction – open PDF, download RTF
- Business Services – open PDF, download RTF
- Education – open PDF, download RTF
- Energy – open PDF, download RTF
- Health Care – open PDF, download RTF
- Hospitality, Leisure, and Entertainment – open PDF, download RTF
- Logistics and Transportation – open PDF, download RTF
- Real Estate, Finance, and Insurance – open PDF, download RTF
- Wood, Wood Products, and Publishing – open PDF, download RTF
Posters are provided by the PA Department of Labor & Industry.
The Stevens Amendment is a federal law found in H.R. 6157, Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations Act 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act 2019, Division B, Title V, Section 505. It requires funding information be included on all state and local government projects or programs using federal funds.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs are federally supported 100% by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of an award totaling $7,219,662.76 with $0 (0%) state, local and/or non-governmental funds.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) programs are federally supported 100% by the U.S. Department of Human Services as part of an award totaling $1,205,510.00.00 with $0 (0%) state, local, and/or non-governmental funds.
PA CareerLink® (American Job Center)
- The Westmoreland-Fayette PA CareerLink® One-Stop Centers are fully supported by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry through the U.S. Department of Labor as part of awards totaling $834,975.00 with 0% financed from non-governmental sources.
Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For federal funding information, visit westfaywib.org/resources/.