Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board, as fiscal agent for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funds, periodically releases grants to assist employers and organizations to meet the workforce developments needs of the local area.
The following RFPs are available:
- There are no RFPs available at this time.
- Please check again at a later time or follow the WFWIB on social media to stay update on all things procurement.
- Single Audit Proposal – open PDF, download RTF
- Single Audit Proposal- Modification – open PDF, download RTF
- Operator/ Title 1 RFP 2017 – open PDF, download RTF
- Recovery Friendly Workplace 2018 – open PDF, download RTF
- Youth Employment & Training 2019 – open PDF, download RTF
- Youth Re-Entry Program for Young Adults 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Youth Career Readiness Program 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- One-Stop Operator/Title I Provider 2020 – open PDF, download RTF
- BEP III Grant 2021 – open PDF, download RTF
- WIOA Youth Employment & Training Programs 2021 – open PDF, download RTF
- “Experience Works!” Youth Work Experience Program – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Career Readiness Program 2022 – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Youth Re-Entry RFP – open PDF, download RTF
- WF-BEP IV RFP – open PDF, download RTF
- Westmoreland-Fayette Youth Re-Entry Program – open PDF, download RTF
- TANF Youth Career Readiness Program – open PDF, download RTF
Request for Bids (RFB)
The Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board, as a WIOA fiscal agent, is responsible for implementing formal bidding procedures for certain services related to its workforce development efforts.
The following RFBs are available:
- PA CareerLink® Training Facilitator – open PDF, download RTF
- The WFWDB is requesting bids from qualified organizations to coordinate and facilitate supportive training for Westmoreland-Fayette PA CareerLink® staff and partners. Training must provide staff and partners with relevant information on how to assist the public and react appropriately in various situations. Bids are due February 3, 2023 no later than 4:00 p.m. EST.
- Questions Received & Answered – open PDF, download RTF
- Please note: The WFWDB will not be providing answers to additional questions, requests, and clarifications.
REquest for quotes (RFQ)
The Board asks entities to submit quotes on services or supplies.
The following RFQs are available:
We do not currently have any RFQs available at this time. Please check back soon!
Current Youth Programs funded by the Westmoreland- Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Connellsville Area CTC: EMT Academy – Fayette County
An academy-style EMT training program that provides youth with high priority skills training, hands-on learning, and the opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience necessary to pass the NREMT exam.
Connellsville Area CTC: Summer Career Exploration Camp – Fayette County
Summer camps for Connellsville Area middle school students entering grades 6-8 to expose them high priority occupations, local businesses, the Career and Technology Center (CTC), and hands-on career awareness.
German American Chamber of Commerce Pittsburgh Chapter: Dual apprenticeship & Pre-Apprenticeship Program – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A program for local high school seniors to complete a paid internship and then transition to a full-time apprenticeship opportunity.
Greater Latrobe School District: NEXT Career Pathways Program – Westmoreland County
A career awareness program providing activities for students in grades 8-12 in order for them to experience local high priority occupations through facility tour field trips.
Hempfield Area School District: Summer Career Camp – Westmoreland County
A week-long summer camp to expose Hempfield Area middle and high school students to high priority occupations to help them prepare to fulfill careers in the local area.
Intermediate Unit I: Manufacturing Experiences – Fayette County
An immersive summer camp experience for local youth focusing on manufacturing utilizing a Pre-Apprenticeship program, digital fabrication, and computer numerical control training.
Northern Westmoreland CTC: Business Education Leadership Program – Westmoreland County
In partnership with Penn State New Kensington’s The Corner Launchbox, this program designed to share local career pathways, post-secondary education options, essential skills, job shadowing opportunities, and introduction to local businesses to NWCTC students.
Pittsburgh Chapter NTMA Foundation/SWPA BotsIQ: Developing Manufacturing’s Future Workforce – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A hands-on program providing technical training and high engagement learning opportunities for local youth and high schools in the Westmoreland-Fayette area.
PIC: Drone Education Program – Westmoreland & Fayette County
In partnership with Steel City Drones, this program will provide local youth from Westmoreland and Fayette County school districts with drone programming education, paid work experiences, and FAA Part 107 Drone Certification Licensing.
Redstone Foundation: Fayette Business Education Partnership – Fayette County
An initiative to expand and maintain the Fayette Business Education Partnership and its programs.
SWPA BotsIQ: Cobot & Internship Programs – Westmoreland & Fayette County
Programs designed to introduce Fayette and Westmoreland youth to high priority advanced manufacturing and robotics careers.
Westmoreland County Community College: Heatlhcare Career Camp – Westmoreland County
An opportunity for high school students grades 9-10 from Jeannette City, Penn Trafford, Mt. Pleasant, and Laurel Highlands School Districts to learn about healthcare careers through hands-on activities and facility tours.
Westmoreland County Forum for Workforce Development: Virtual Career & Education Exploration – Westmoreland County
An initiative to expand the Virtual Reality Career Snap Shots and Virtual Career Mentorships for new business partners and students.
Equus Workforce Solutions: Employment and Training Program – Westmoreland County
A program for young adults interested in reaching both their employment and GED goals through employment venue options, job experience, soft skills, advanced training, and post-secondary institution/military assistance.
FCCAA: Nurse Aide Training Program – Fayette County
A program designed to provide young adults with a CNA Certification through instructional hours, pre-employment workshops, nursing courses, clinical experience, job readiness, and case management support.
PIC: Transportation Partnership Youth Program – Westmoreland & Fayette County
A program that will provide three different career education tracks to earn credentials in the high priority occupation of transportation
RIHS: CareerSTEPS Program – Westmoreland & Fayette County
CareerSTEPS is designed to provide young adults with career readiness services such as workshops, resume building, mock interviews, online learning/training, and work experience.
Applications and Other Source Documents Pertaining to Youth
- Submit completed applications to your local PA CareerLink®
Experience Works! PLUS Post-Secondary Internship Program
The Experience Works! PLUS Post- Secondary Internship Program provides wages to college students ages 18 to 24 interning at unpaid internships. This program enables local employers to build a future workforce by giving post-secondary students the opportunity to explore career opportunities.
The WFWIB is excited to annouce that it is accpeting applications for its 2022-2023 program year of Experience Works! PLUS! Application materials and the program handbook can be found below. Completed application materials must be emailed to WFWIB Youth Services Manager Courtney Venick at email@example.com.
- Experience Works! PLUS 2022 Handbook – open PDF, download RTF
- Intern Application (interns only) – open PDF, download RTF
- Internship Job Description (worksites only) – open PDF, download RTF
Additionally, please feel free to email WFWIB Youth Services Manager Courtney Venick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or interest regarding the program.
Click a partner’s name below to visit their website:
Labor Market Information
One of the hallmarks of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is making decisions based on customer need and data. The Board utilizes the following data sources for federal, state, and local Labor Market Information.
High Priority Occupations
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in partnership with Workforce Development Boards, targets training investments to High Priority Occupations (HPO). HPOs are job classifications that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
For more information about HPOs, visit the Center for Workforce Information & Analysis’ (CWIA) webpage on HPOs here.
For information about HPOs in Westmoreland and Fayette counties, download the 2022 HPO list here in Excel format.
Westmoreland-Fayette Career Cluster Posters
Take a look at the 12 Westmoreland-Fayette Career Cluster Posters! All wage and annual opening data provided in these posters are specific to the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Development Area.
- Advanced Manufacturing – open PDF, download RTF
- Agriculture and Food Production – open PDF, download RTF
- Bio Medical – open PDF, download RTF
- Building and Construction – open PDF, download RTF
- Business Services – open PDF, download RTF
- Education – open PDF, download RTF
- Energy – open PDF, download RTF
- Health Care – open PDF, download RTF
- Hospitality, Leisure, and Entertainment – open PDF, download RTF
- Logistics and Transportation – open PDF, download RTF
- Real Estate, Finance, and Insurance – open PDF, download RTF
- Wood, Wood Products, and Publishing – open PDF, download RTF
Posters are provided by the PA Department of Labor & Industry.
FEDERAL FUNDING INFORMATION
The Stevens Amendment is a federal law found in H.R. 6157, Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations Act 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act 2019, Division B, Title V, Section 505. It requires funding information be included on all state and local government projects or programs using federal funds.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs are federally supported 100% by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of an award totaling $7,219,662.76 with $0 (0%) state, local and/or non-governmental funds.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) programs are federally supported 100% by the U.S. Department of Human Services as part of an award totaling $1,205,510.00.00 with $0 (0%) state, local, and/or non-governmental funds.
PA CareerLink® (American Job Center)
- The Westmoreland-Fayette PA CareerLink® One-Stop Centers are fully supported by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry through the U.S. Department of Labor as part of awards totaling $834,975.00 with 0% financed from non-governmental sources.
Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board
Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For federal funding information, visit westfaywib.org/resources/.